While 2013 had more than 100 Telugu releases, the New Year will also see equal number of releases or even more. Some of the films have already created quite a buzz. Here’s a look at ten Telugu films we can patiently wait for in 2014.
10. Anaamika: Can Anaamika turn out to be a bigger hit than Kahaani? We have wait to find that out. I still believe Anushka would have been perfect for the role of Vidya because i haven’t seen Nayantara actually pushing the envelope when it comes to acting. But since this film is coming from Sekhar Kammula, we can expect something different.
9. Rudhramadevi: This Anushka Shetty-starrer may or may not release in 2014, but it has already created a lot of buzz. Will it be another Arundhati for Anushka or something bigger than that? Let’s wait to find out.
8. Manam: Three generation of Akkineni actors in one film. Do you need a better reason to watch it? Everybody is keen to find what how this film will turn out to be as it features a legend, a star and an upcoming actor. The film’s director has a impressive resume of work and that’s another reason to watch our for this one.
7. Allu Arjun-Trivikram film: All that is known about this film currently is that it would go to sets soon and will release in last quarter of 2014. The film from its announcement itself has developed expectations among the fans and audience as the combination has previously delivered enjoyable Julayi.
6. NTR-Santosh Srinivas: Despite his poor performance at the box office recently a Jr NTR film is always awaited by the trade and fans. Only this time the film isn’t right at the top of the heap in terms of the expectations meter thanks to the director who isn’t that big yet. May be this lesser expectations might work as blessing in disguise. Whatever said about expectations now, the film would surely gain momentum post the audio launch and hence its place among the most waited.
5. Legend: The combination of Simha actor Nandamuri Balakrishna and director Boyapati Sreenu is back again. And this time they have a production house like 14 Reels Entertainment backing them who have been dreaming since ages to make a film with Balakrishna. We leave it to the imagination of the viewers the kind of expectations production house would generate to make Legend a must movie when it’s time to arrive comes.
4. Gabbar Singh 2: One of the most anticipated movie of the year in 2014 is Pawan Kalyan starrer Gabbar Singh 2. The film has been in news practically every day even though it is yet to start its shoot. Also as it’s the sequel to a blockbuster movie like Gabbar Singh there are extraordinary expectations on the film. The craze on the film can be gauged from the fact that not even the entire cast and crew is confirmed but already fancy offers are being made for the rights of the movie.
3. Aagadu: This is the second film in the combination of Superstar Mahesh Babu and director Srinu Vytla after Dookudu and we all know the excellent performance shown by Dookudu back then. Also there is a hit sentiment among Mahesh Babu films with him in cop roles that has further upped the ante among the trade and fans alike. With 14 Reels Entertainment as production house except the unexpected in terms of promotion to take hype to a new level by the time film release next year.
1,2. Let’s leave this space for most awaited Superstar’s ‘1’ and Yevadu hitting screens in next ten days.
These are our most anticipated big films from Tollywood for the year 2014. Feel free to share your most anticipated ones, and the the film that you think has the potential to re-write the records at box-office and stand as No.1.